Truck Driving Schools
America depends on the transportation and trucking industry to deliver much of its needs, from food and gasoline to the products we buy at stores. Frequently, truckers carry containers originally shipped by rail or boat to their final destination.
Professional truck drivers have to be aware of the rules of the road, and the specific regulations used in the logistics and transportation field. Schools with truck drive training programs help students earn their commercial driver's licenses, and provide advanced training in defensive driving, accident avoidance, and driver safety. Most programs include both classroom instruction and hands-on experience driving a tractor-trailer.
The following schools offer training to become a tractor-trailer driver:
Trucking Schools Schools:
- Offers Commercial Driver License (CDL) training certificate program, class A & B bus training and testing, and refresher courses.
- Has regularly scheduled open houses, where prospective students can meet the staff, check out the trucks, and get behind the wheel
- Day, evening and weekend classes are available.
- A lifetime job placement assistance service is available to all graduates.
- CDL classes start every other Monday, last 4 weeks, and provide 160 clock hours.
- Financial aid may be available for those who qualify.
- 24/7 myCampusLink system lets students access their records, e-mail, communicate with faculty, and more.
- Their mission is to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Designated a 2014 MIlitary Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers career education in nursing, dental, business, information technology, and more.
- 44 campus locations across 15 states, with online options as well.
Whether you’re looking for a new career, or searching to enhance your current position, Delta Technical College(DTC) can help kick-start your educational goals.
Through a diverse, innovative mix of mechanical trades, transportation, health and wellness, as well as allied health programs, DTC has earned a reputation for excellence in meeting local community needs, in regards to its workforce.
- Offers day, evening, and weekend courses, with full time daylight courses starting weekly.
- CDL program features several sections, from classroom to backing range and road training to the state test.
- Financial aid opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Offers truck driving job placement assistance to graduates.
- Features small class sizes and with class options in the day, evening, and weekend.
- Member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association and a proud sponsor of HirePatriots.
- Offers lifetime job placement assistance, and financial aid to those who qualify.
- Programs are available in commercial truck driving and CDL driving training.
- Campus is located in Yuma, Arizona.
- Member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2011.
- Offers career placement assistance to all students and graduates.
- Guaranteed financing and other financial aid available for students who qualify.
- 2 campuses located in Woodford and Roanoke, Virginia.
- Committed to excellence in education since 1916 with a rich history of helping students find successful careers.
- Offers more than 50 programs including criminal justice, technology, business and more.
- Fully accredited campuses offer day, evening and online classes.
- Provides tutoring at no additional charge to assist during stressful times.
- Continually revise curriculum to keep pace with improvements in technology and the increasing needs of business and industry.
- Part of the Delta Career Education Corporation.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent colleges and Schools (ACICS), with programmatic accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
- Each campus features a public spa and/or salon where students can gain experience.
- 17 campuses across the United States, with online options as well.
- Originally founded in 1916 in Wilmington, North Carolina by Judge Leon Motte.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Affiliated with Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA), Safety Council of Western New England, and the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities (APSCU).
- Offers commercial truck driving and HVAC service training courses.
- 4 training locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
- Member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA).
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2009.
- Designated as a Military Friendly School by Victory Media in 2013 and 2014.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 4 campuses located in Baton Rouge and Shreveport in Louisiana, Dallas, Texas, and Little Rock, Arkansas.