Surgical Technologist Training Schools
Coursework emphasizes subjects including anatomy and physiology of the body, infection control, and aseptics. You'll also receive laboratory and hands on training in operating room procedures, including sterilization, surgical equipment, instruments, and case setups.
Certificate programs at these technical schools provide the basic education necessary to land an entry level position at a hospital, surgical clinic, or doctor's office. Degree programs teach additional management skills that may lead to an office management position.
The following technical schools offer training for a career as a Surgical Technologist or Operating Room Technician:
Surgical Technologist Schools:
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Features career programs in surgical technology, professional fitness trainer, vocational nursing, and an associate of science program in health administration.
- Offers career assistance and advising services to students and graduates.
- Campus is close to many attractions in Glendale, California, including the Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios, Alex Theater, and downtown Los Angeles.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Part of the Success Education Colleges (SEC) group of schools.