Surgical Technologist Training Schools
Coursework emphasizes subjects including anatomy and physiology of the body, infection control, and aseptics. You'll also receive laboratory and hands on training in operating room procedures, including sterilization, surgical equipment, instruments, and case setups.
Certificate programs at these technical schools provide the basic education necessary to land an entry level position at a hospital, surgical clinic, or doctor's office. Degree programs teach additional management skills that may lead to an office management position.
The following technical schools offer training for a career as a Surgical Technologist or Operating Room Technician:
Surgical Technologist Schools:
- Founded in 1977, San Joaquin Valley College is a private junior college with campuses located throughout California - including an Online division - offering a balance of classroom instruction and hands-on training to meet your needs.
- Better opportunities and increased financial stability could be just around the corner. Get the skills needed in today's competitive job market with accelerated programs in medical, technical, and business fields. Programs vary by location.
- SJVC offers many programs that require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience
- SJVC is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- San Joaquin Valley College - Training today for a better tomorrow
- Financial Aid