Virginia Technical Schools
The Technical School Directory provides information on training opportunities that may help you to lead to a rewarding new career. This page lists tech schools in Virginia, organized by the type of training offered.
If a career field or technical school looks interesting, there are easy links to request more information.
Technical Schools in Virginia
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Features a public massage clinic where students can get real-world experience.
- Main campus is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Part of the Steiner Education Group (SEG), a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Ltd.
- Steiner Leisure Ltd. has operations on more than 200 spas and salons worldwide.
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
- Won the Excellence in Education Award for School Culture by Modern Salon Media in 2012.
- Opened in Wilkes-Barre, PA in 1935, with 98 campuses currently across the United States.
- Support environmentalism, employing many Green Initiatives on their campuses.
- Each campus has a professional clinic, run by senior-level students under supervision of licensed educators.
- Approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) and a member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (AMBP).
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Offers several continuing education courses covering a variety of topics in massage therapy.
- Features a public clinic where students can get real-world experience.
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Steiner Institute of Esthetics at VASOM, that career can be yours.
- Offers classes online, as well as at 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia.
- Curriculum is developed with input from employers, subject matter experts.
- Has provided a hands-on, career-focused education since 1953.
- Small class sizes promote one-on-one, student-teacher interaction.
- No-cost tutoring available in every subject to every enrolled student.
- Through an agreement with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, its Yellow Ribbon Program provides tuition contributions to eligible students at a first-come, first-served basis.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, typically in the daytime and evening. Online courses can be accessed anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- 15 campuses across the United States, as well as 4 art institutes in North Carolina and Texas.
- Began in 1899 as Draughon’s Practical Business College.
- Each campus is heavily engaged in their respective communities, providing professional service from students and faculty.
- More than 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study within six months of graduation
- Campus locations feature admissions, financial aid and career services offices, libraries, study areas, computer and electronics labs, cafeterias and common areas, tutoring facilities, and more.
- Centers are smaller, and are located throughout major metropolitan areas.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Degree programs are designed and updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- Offers support for financial aid and job placement