Virginia Technical Schools
The Technical School Directory provides information on training opportunities that may help you to lead to a rewarding new career. This page lists tech schools in Virginia, organized by the type of training offered.
If a career field or technical school looks interesting, there are easy links to request more information.
Technical Schools in Virginia
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- More than 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study within six months of graduation
- Campus locations feature admissions, financial aid and career services offices, libraries, study areas, computer and electronics labs, cafeterias and common areas, tutoring facilities, and more.
- Centers are smaller, and are located throughout major metropolitan areas.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Degree programs are designed and updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- Offers support for financial aid and job placement
- Instructors are typically real-world professionals with many years of experience in their career fields.
- Ranked #3 in Best for Vets: Career & Technical Colleges 2014 by Military Times.
- Full tuition cost provided up front. In most cases, even textbooks are included in the total price.
- Career services associates can help students review their resume, provide career counseling, help with job searches, and more.
- Has 27 campus locations across the southern United States, plus offers online degree programs.
- Courses emphasize laboratory skills and clinical externship experiences.
- All training is provided by healthcare faculties who have demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and as well as necessary credentials in their fields.
- Class size is limited to an average of eight to twenty students per instructor.
- Founded in New Jersey in February of 2006, the school is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES; and has been approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education and Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- Through an agreement with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, its Yellow Ribbon Program provides tuition contributions to eligible students at a first-come, first-served basis.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, typically in the daytime and evening. Online courses can be accessed anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- 24/7 myCampusLink system lets students access their records, e-mail, communicate with faculty, and more.
- Their mission is to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Designated a 2014 MIlitary Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers career education in nursing, dental, business, information technology, and more.
- 44 campus locations across 15 states, with online options as well.