Virginia Technical Schools
The Technical School Directory provides information on training opportunities that may help you to lead to a rewarding new career. This page lists tech schools in Virginia, organized by the type of training offered.
If a career field or technical school looks interesting, there are easy links to request more information.
Technical Schools in Virginia
- Features a public massage clinic where students can get real-world experience.
- Main campus is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Accredited by the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Part of the Steiner Education Group (SEG), a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Ltd.
- Steiner Leisure Ltd. has operations on more than 200 spas and salons worldwide.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) and a member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (AMBP).
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Offers several continuing education courses covering a variety of topics in massage therapy.
- Features a public clinic where students can get real-world experience.
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
- Committed to excellence in education since 1916 with a rich history of helping students find successful careers.
- Offers more than 50 programs including criminal justice, technology, business and more.
- Fully accredited campuses offer day, evening and online classes.
- Provides tutoring at no additional charge to assist during stressful times.
- Continually revise curriculum to keep pace with improvements in technology and the increasing needs of business and industry.
- Offers classes online, as well as at 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia.
- Curriculum is developed with input from employers, subject matter experts.
- Has provided a hands-on, career-focused education since 1953.
- Small class sizes promote one-on-one, student-teacher interaction.
- No-cost tutoring available in every subject to every enrolled student.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Steiner Institute of Esthetics at VASOM, that career can be yours.
- Courses emphasize laboratory skills and clinical externship experiences.
- All training is provided by healthcare faculties who have demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and as well as necessary credentials in their fields.
- Class size is limited to an average of eight to twenty students per instructor.
- Founded in New Jersey in February of 2006, the school is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES; and has been approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education and Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
- Won the Excellence in Education Award for School Culture by Modern Salon Media in 2012.
- Opened in Wilkes-Barre, PA in 1935, with 98 campuses currently across the United States.
- Support environmentalism, employing many Green Initiatives on their campuses.
- Each campus has a professional clinic, run by senior-level students under supervision of licensed educators.
• Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is a premier, private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona
• Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
• As a Christian university, the school encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
• 65% of students have cars on campus, and alcohol is not permitted for students of legal age.
- More than 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study within six months of graduation
- Campus locations feature admissions, financial aid and career services offices, libraries, study areas, computer and electronics labs, cafeterias and common areas, tutoring facilities, and more.
- Centers are smaller, and are located throughout major metropolitan areas.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Degree programs are designed and updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- Offers support for financial aid and job placement