Massachusetts Technical Schools
The Technical School Directory provides information on training opportunities that can lead you to a rewarding new career. This page lists tech schools in Massachusetts, organized by the type of training offered.
If a career field or technical school looks interesting, there are easy links to request more information.
Technical Schools in Massachusetts
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Part of the Lincoln Group of Schools.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), Accrediting Commission of Career Schools (ACCSC), and Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- First campus was opened in 1946, now with 22 campuses across the United States.
- Lincoln Group of Schools made over $12 million available through scholarships to qualified students in 2014.
- Nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences.
- Offers a job shadow program, in which prospective students may spend time on campus to sit in on classes, observe current students practice technique, and determine which program is best for them.
- 5 campuses across Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Student-run health and beauty clinics are available locally.
- A nationwide provider of technical education training for students seeking careers as entry-level automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians since 1965.
- Students can complete an entry-level technician program in about a year, and manufacturer training and graduate in as little as 18 months.
- Graduates are prepared to complete ASE examinations.
- Partners with many well-known manufacturers, including General Motors, Porsche Cars North America Inc., and BMW of North America LLC.
- Offers internships to students and alumni for first-hand experience.
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
- Offers an international esthetic and beauty therapy certification accredited by the Comité International d'Esthétique et de Cosmétologie (CIDESCO).
- All campuses offer public spa and salon services for students to gain real-world experience.
- Offers short specialty programs and workshops open to non-students as well.
- 62 campuses across the United States.
- Through an agreement with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, its Yellow Ribbon Program provides tuition contributions to eligible students at a first-come, first-served basis.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, typically in the daytime and evening. Online courses can be accessed anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- 4 campuses across Massachusetts.
- Offers free refresher courses for graduates in good standing, as well as career consultations and advising.
Regularly holds career fairs to allow students to network with representatives from local employers.
- There are 9 campuses throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Classes are taught by teachers with years of experience in the field.
- Port and Chester Institute of Watertown received the School of Excellence award from Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges in 2012.
Offers full time career services to help students pursue career options.
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS).
- Won the Excellence in Education Award for School Culture by Modern Salon Media in 2012.
- Opened in Wilkes-Barre, PA in 1935, with 98 campuses currently across the United States.
- Support environmentalism, employing many Green Initiatives on their campuses.
- Each campus has a professional clinic, run by senior-level students under supervision of licensed educators.