Secretarial Training Schools
The secretarial world is becoming more specialized. No longer just clerk-typists or general office personnel, secretaries are responsible for coordinating the business lives of their employers.
Executive secretaries respond to telephone requests, process both email and regular mail, arrange the calendar of their employers, and represent the executive when he or she is out of the office. Medical secretaries keep doctor's offices running, performing many of the same duties as the executive secretary, but with additional medical knowledge necessary for the job.
The following schools offer programs in Secretarial training:
- Has been providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue success in an increasingly competitive job market since 1966.
- Works closely with businesses in their community to ensure they are providing students with marketable skills.
- 2 campuses in New York, as well as online classes.
- Affiliated with numerous organizations, including the Alpha Beta Kappa Honor Society, National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS), and National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM).
- Extra-curricular activities available, including sports, fraternities & sororities, and student government.
- Programs start every six months and range from 3-week programs to 14-month long associate degree programs.
- Class sizes are usually no more than 25 students.
- Has campuses located in Lansing, Jackson and Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Open late to accommodate the schedule of working adults, its Career Services provide access to computers, Internet service, placement coordinators and job support.
- Licensed as a private college by the State of Michigan and accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
- Providing accredited online courses and degree programs since 1987.
- A military-friendly school, it ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Students can customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Program and course tuition is all-inclusive: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Alumni can enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Accredited by the Commission of the Council of Occupational Education (COE), with approval from the Texas Workforce Commission, Career Schools and Colleges.
- Founded in 1960, with 7 campuses across Texas and online options.
- Offers Job Readiness Training to all graduates, including resume preparation, interviewing techniques, job search skills, and more.
- Member of the Career Colleges and Schools of Texas state association.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Offers a high school diploma program through distance learning materials.
- Specializes in distance learning courses to award diplomas.
- Online Courses
- Its career-focused online and hybrid programs are designed to address the skills gap in America.
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Offers over 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Founding member of the National Home Study Council in 1926 (now DETC).
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Online Courses
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- 10 campuses across California, Texas, Nevada and Idaho, as well as 9 additional Milan Institute of Cosmetology campuses.
- Family-owned and operated school group since 1985 by the Yasuda family.
- Each campus features a public salon and spa for student practice.
- Features a public spa where massage students can get real-world experience.
- Main campus is located in North Wales, Pennsylvania, with satellite campuses in Phoenixville and Warminster.
- Honored by the PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce as Business of the Century in 2013.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Originally founded in 1918 as a way to prepare servicemen to re-enter the workforce after military service.
- Committed to excellence in education since 1897 with a rich history of helping students find successful careers.
- Offers a wide array of over 35 degree programs including business, medical, technology and more.
- Fully accredited campuses offer day, evening and online classes.
- Developed a Graduate Placement Strategy (GPS), that helps students prepare for careers with externships, help building a career portfolio, resume writing, and more.
- Gives graduates access to career tools and networking resources for life.
- 24/7 myCampusLink system lets students access their records, e-mail, communicate with faculty, and more.
- Their mission is to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Designated a 2014 MIlitary Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers career education in nursing, dental, business, information technology, and more.
- 44 campus locations across 15 states, with online options as well.