Medical Assistant Training Schools
Medical Assistant training programs teach both theory and practice of medical diagnostics, laboratory techniques and back office operations, such as medical billing and recordkeeping.
You may learn about anatomy and physiology, and receive training in medical techniques, including injections, urinalysis, venipuncture, and electrocardiography. The skills you gain may let you be an active member of the medical team, participating in physical and specialty exams at a hospital, clinic, or doctor's office.
The following technical schools offer training for a career as a Medical Assistant:
Medical Assistant Schools:
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
Explore a new career with Pima Medical Institute. We offer a number of certificate, associate, and bachelor's degree programs in the medical, allied health, dentistry, nursing, mortuary science, veterinary, and massage therapy fields.
- Courses emphasize laboratory skills and clinical externship experiences.
- All training is provided by healthcare faculties who have demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching and as well as necessary credentials in their fields.
- Class size is limited to an average of eight to twenty students per instructor.
- Founded in New Jersey in February of 2006, the school is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES; and has been approved by the U.S. Dept. of Education and Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- A private institution founded in 1977 with a current total undergraduate enrollment of over 15,000.
- Ranked #14 in the 2014 edition of Best Colleges Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News.
- The student-faculty ratio is 11:1, and 89.3% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- At the end of their freshman year, 84% of students return to continue their education.
- Students attend only one class at a time for four weeks, ensuring easy access to faculty and a more hands-on education.
Try your first two online courses for only $200 each with our Start Smart offer.
- Online Courses
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Online Courses
Further your education at Rasmussen College.Choose from seven schools of study including programs in business, nursing, technology, and more. You could earn your bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career through our AcceleratED program.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Degree Programs in 2014 by the U.S. News & World Report.
- Students are admitted throughout the year with quarterly start dates in January, April, July, and September.
- All degree programs provide faculty-monitored internships or job-related assignments.
- Offers associate and bachelor degree programs in business, design, health, plus certificate programs in practical nurse, medical assistant, and more.
- Preparing students for professional and personal success since 1931.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln College of Technology. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Technical Institute. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.