Building Construction Schools and Training Programs
Any building project -- from a new home to a skyscraper -- can involve hundreds of suppliers and workers, all of which must be coordinated so the project can be completed on time. General contractors and construction managers oversee all this work, and are responsible for cost-efficient work that is completed by the appropriate deadline.
Schools with construction programs teach students a wide variety of management and supervisory skills, from project management to personnel relations. Programs also teach cost estimating, business management skills, and building codes and regulations.
The following schools offer Building Construction or Construction Management training programs:
• Its 2014 undergraduate enrollment is 2,71
• 71.9% of students are male, 28.1% are female.
• Most of it accelerated Associate Degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and Bachelor’s of Science programs in as little as 3 years.
• Offers Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Online degree programs in nearly 40 technical and business management skills programs
- In 1936, Temple University establisehd The Evening Technical School to accommodate an expanded technical course offering.
- Located in the heart of Philadelphia, PA.
- Has partnerships with leading engineering employers; graduates are hired by companies like Verizon, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Pennoni Construction, NASA, PennDot, PGW, Turner Construction.
The College encourages basic and cross-disciplinary applied research by its faculty and students.
- Through an agreement with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, its Yellow Ribbon Program provides tuition contributions to eligible students at a first-come, first-served basis.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, typically in the daytime and evening. Online courses can be accessed anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- Online Courses
- The nation’s first private college to offer civil engineering instruction and one of the first institutions to receive designation as an NSA Center of Excellence in Information Security Education.
- Founded in 1819 as the nation's first military college.
- Online programs are structured so that students take a single course at a time.
- Help desk accessible 24/7 and ready to assist students with any questions they have.
- Part of the Lincoln Group of Schools.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), Accrediting Commission of Career Schools (ACCSC), and Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- First campus was opened in 1946, now with 22 campuses across the United States.
- Lincoln Group of Schools made over $12 million available through scholarships to qualified students in 2014.
- Has aimed to set the standard for innovative learning since 1965.
- Offers a network of technologically advanced campuses and online degree programs designed to provide a unique higher education.
- Ranked in the Top 10 Online MBA Programs in 2012 by the International Graduate Forum.
- Ranked amongst the Best for Vets Colleges by Military Times 2 years in a row.
- 5 campuses across Colorado.
- Over 70,000 graduates across all industries.
- More than 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study within six months of graduation
- Campus locations feature admissions, financial aid and career services offices, libraries, study areas, computer and electronics labs, cafeterias and common areas, tutoring facilities, and more.
- Centers are smaller, and are located throughout major metropolitan areas.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Degree programs are designed and updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- Offers support for financial aid and job placement
- Online Courses
• 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
• Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for 45 years.
• A year-round schedule makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years.
• Selected for the Top 15% Military Friendly Schools 2013 list in G.I. Jobs Magazine.
• Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Ranked among the Best National Universities in 2014 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Attracts nearly $100 million annually in sponsored research, allowing students to gain valuable hands-on experience.
- Student to faculty ratio is 14:1, with 900 dedicated faculty members and an average class size of 27.
- Campus employs many green and sustainable initiatives, including one of the largest food-scrap composting programs in the nation.
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2007.
- 100% online university, offering 40+ targeted degree and certificate programs.
- Features frequent course starts, convenient eight-week classes, and possible credit transferability for prior coursework and training.
- Offers several institutional scholarships and other financial aid opportunities to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC).
- Online Courses