CAD and Drafting Technology Training Schools
Take the ideas and sketches of an architect or engineer, and turn them into working drawings and blueprints with a position as a drafter. Drafting technology schools teach subjects including manual and computer aided drafting, 2D and 3D techniques, and residential and commercial drafting.
With your degree, you may be eligible for a position as a drafter, detailer, or CAD operator in industries including aerospace, architecture, public utilities, and government.
The following technical schools offer training for a career as a Computer Aided Design / Drafter:
Cad Drafting Schools:
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Providing accredited online courses and degree programs since 1987.
- A military-friendly school, it ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Students can customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Program and course tuition is all-inclusive: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Alumni can enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Offers classes online, as well as at 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia.
- Curriculum is developed with input from employers, subject matter experts.
- Has provided a hands-on, career-focused education since 1953.
- Small class sizes promote one-on-one, student-teacher interaction.
- No-cost tutoring available in every subject to every enrolled student.
- Now part of the Sanford-Brown network of schools.
- Degree programs are developed to address current and expected needs of the design, fashion, and media arts and technology industries.
- Many programs let students combine classes on campus with online courses.
- Has a Career Services department that offers career development strategy, résumé and cover letter assistance, and more.
- Online Courses
- Offering a focused education for a better life and career since 1982.
- Provides bachelor’s, associate, and diploma programs in business, culinary arts, criminal justice, cosmetology, and more.
- Takes a unique “Focused Learning” approach, where students typically take only one class per month to concentrate on one subject with one faculty member at a time.
- 5 campus locations across Florida.
- Each campus has their own weekly events for students, such as Zumba classes or resume-writing clinics.
- Orlando campus was recognized on The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2012 and 2013.
- Dallas campus named 2013 School of the Year by the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP).
- Campus accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Tuition covers course required materials for campus students, including books, lab equipment, and class supplies.
- Offers flat tuition rate to continuously enrolled students who are on track toward program completion.
- 18 campuses across the United States, with online options as well.
- There are 9 campuses throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Classes are taught by teachers with years of experience in the field.
- Port and Chester Institute of Watertown received the School of Excellence award from Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges in 2012.
Offers full time career services to help students pursue career options.
- Alumni are offered free “brush up” classes, allowing graduates to exercise certain skills or software that they may not have used in a while.
- On and off campus housing available for out of state students, as well as programs for international students.
Students have many options for campus activities, including intramural sports, drama club, and campus parties.
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.