CAD and Drafting Technology Training Schools
Take the ideas and sketches of an architect or engineer, and turn them into working drawings and blueprints with a position as a drafter. Drafting technology schools teach subjects including manual and computer aided drafting, 2D and 3D techniques, and residential and commercial drafting.
With your degree, you may be eligible for a position as a drafter, detailer, or CAD operator in industries including aerospace, architecture, public utilities, and government.
The following technical schools offer training for a career as a Computer Aided Design / Drafter:
Cad Drafting Schools:
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Providing accredited online courses and degree programs since 1987.
- A military-friendly school, it ensures that service members, their spouses and veterans can maximize their military education benefits.
- Students can customize monthly payments to fit their budgets and lifestyle.
- Program and course tuition is all-inclusive: textbooks, learning materials, and academic support are covered in the cost.
- Alumni can enroll in any future program at a reduced rate.
- Online Courses
- Dallas campus named 2013 School of the Year by the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP).
- Campus accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Tuition covers course required materials for campus students, including books, lab equipment, and class supplies.
- Offers flat tuition rate to continuously enrolled students who are on track toward program completion.
- 18 campuses across the United States, with online options as well.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013 by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Part of the Sullivan University System.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- Originally founded in 1961, with the main campus located in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Sullivan University voted one of 2014 Best Places to Work in Kentucky by the Best Companies Group.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Schools and Colleges (ACICS) for over 50 years.
- Most programs have an externship requirement, so students can gain real-world professional practice.
- Offers an in-house daycare center for students with small children.
- Offers a free GED prep course for students.
- Established in 1929 in Washington, Pennsylvania, as a business school.
- A private post-secondary institution of higher education serving south-central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland since 1967.
- Offers associate degrees in specialized business and specialized technology, as well as programs leading to professional certifications and diplomas.
- Gives each student their own career services specialist who helps keep them focused on their goals.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Now part of the Sanford-Brown network of schools.
- Degree programs are developed to address current and expected needs of the design, fashion, and media arts and technology industries.
- Many programs let students combine classes on campus with online courses.
- Has a Career Services department that offers career development strategy, résumé and cover letter assistance, and more.
- Online Courses
- Has a long history of training New England’s workforce for success across a wide range of vocational professions since its founding in 1946.
- Focused on training students in the technical and professional skills essential for their chosen career.
- There are 9 campuses throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Classes are taught by teachers with years of experience in the field.
- Port and Chester Institute of Watertown received the School of Excellence award from Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges in 2012.
Offers full-time career services to help students pursue career options.
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.