Airframe and Powerplant Technician Schools
Airframe and Powerplant technicians are responsible for the maintenance and repair of airplanes. FAA regulations require that commercial aircraft be overhauled after flying a specific number of hours, and A&P techs are responsible for this maintenance. Government regulations require that airframe techs become certified through testing administered by the Federal Aviation Administration.
The following schools offer Airframe and Powerplant technician training programs:
Airframe Powerplant Schools:
• With 100,000+ students, it's the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation.
• Since 1971, its mission has been to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for impacting tomorrow’s world.
• Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
• The student-faculty ratio is 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
• The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 76.5%.
- Online Courses
• Its 2014 undergraduate enrollment is 2,71
• 71.9% of students are male, 28.1% are female.
• Most of it accelerated Associate Degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and Bachelor’s of Science programs in as little as 3 years.
• Offers Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Online degree programs in nearly 40 technical and business management skills programs
- Students can enroll at any time and begin studies in the fall, spring, or summer.
- 9 out of 10 Florida Tech Students who apply, qualify for some type of aid, based on a Fall 2012 internal survey.
- The average freshman retention rate is 77.3 percent.
- Ranked #39 in Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Reports
- Among the more than 50,000 alumni include several astronauts, CEOs, and 32 generals.
- Special tuition rate available for active duty, selected reserves, National Guard service members and their spouses.
- Online Courses
- Programmatic accreditation from the National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
- Designated a Military Friendly School every year since 2010 by Victory Media.
- Offers a variety of Aviation Maintenance programs, along with programs in HVACR, global logistics, wind power and energy technology.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Campus is located in Canton, Michigan.
LeTourneau University is an interdenominational Christ-centered university offering more than 80 programs that prepare students for success in areas including the arts and sciences, aviation, business, education and engineering.
- Online Courses
- Approved for Veteran's training for Veterans utilizing their educational benefits.
- Training aviation professionals since 1932, it is one of the few aviation schools to offer both aviation maintenance and professional pilot training programs.
- The New England campus at Hanscom Air Field in Bedford, MA and is awarded accreditation through the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- The Tampa Bay campus is in Clearwater, FL and is awarded accreditation through the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- In 1936, Temple University establisehd The Evening Technical School to accommodate an expanded technical course offering.
- Located in the heart of Philadelphia, PA.
- Has partnerships with leading engineering employers; graduates are hired by companies like Verizon, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Pennoni Construction, NASA, PennDot, PGW, Turner Construction.
The College encourages basic and cross-disciplinary applied research by its faculty and students.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- A dedicated student services team is available to help students with scheduling, housing, academics, financial concerns, and free tutoring.
- Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Campus is located in Inglewood, CA.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2007.
- 100% online university, offering 40+ targeted degree and certificate programs.
- Features frequent course starts, convenient eight-week classes, and possible credit transferability for prior coursework and training.
- Offers several institutional scholarships and other financial aid opportunities to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC).
- Online Courses
• 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
• Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for 45 years.
• A year-round schedule makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years.
• Selected for the Top 15% Military Friendly Schools 2013 list in G.I. Jobs Magazine.
• Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.