Airframe and Powerplant Technician Schools
Airframe and Powerplant technicians are responsible for the maintenance and repair of airplanes. FAA regulations require that commercial aircraft be overhauled after flying a specific number of hours, and A&P techs are responsible for this maintenance. Government regulations require that airframe techs become certified through testing administered by the Federal Aviation Administration.
The following schools offer Airframe and Powerplant technician training programs:
Airframe Powerplant Schools:
• Its 2014 undergraduate enrollment is 2,71
• 71.9% of students are male, 28.1% are female.
• Most of it accelerated Associate Degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and Bachelor’s of Science programs in as little as 3 years.
• Offers Associate, Bachelors, Masters, and Online degree programs in nearly 40 technical and business management skills programs
• With 100,000+ students, it's the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation.
• Since 1971, its mission has been to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for impacting tomorrow’s world.
• Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
• The student-faculty ratio is 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
• The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 76.5%.
- Online Courses
- Students can enroll at any time and begin studies in the fall, spring, or summer.
- 9 out of 10 Florida Tech Students who apply, qualify for some type of aid, based on a Fall 2012 internal survey.
- The average freshman retention rate is 77.3 percent.
- Ranked #39 in Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Reports
- Among the more than 50,000 alumni include several astronauts, CEOs, and 32 generals.
- Special tuition rate available for active duty, selected reserves, National Guard service members and their spouses.
- Online Courses
LeTourneau University is an interdenominational Christ-centered university offering more than 80 programs that prepare students for success in areas including the arts and sciences, aviation, business, education and engineering.
- Online Courses
- Programmatic accreditation from the National Center for Aerospace & Transportation Technologies (NCATT).
- Designated a Military Friendly School every year since 2010 by Victory Media.
- Offers a variety of Aviation Maintenance programs, along with programs in HVACR, global logistics, wind power and energy technology.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Campus is located in Canton, Michigan.
- In 1936, Temple University establisehd The Evening Technical School to accommodate an expanded technical course offering.
- Located in the heart of Philadelphia, PA.
- Has partnerships with leading engineering employers; graduates are hired by companies like Verizon, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Pennoni Construction, NASA, PennDot, PGW, Turner Construction.
The College encourages basic and cross-disciplinary applied research by its faculty and students.
- Part of the Lincoln Group of Schools.
- Campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), Accrediting Commission of Career Schools (ACCSC), and Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- First campus was opened in 1946, now with 22 campuses across the United States.
- Lincoln Group of Schools made over $12 million available through scholarships to qualified students in 2014.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- A dedicated student services team is available to help students with scheduling, housing, academics, financial concerns, and provide free tutoring.
- Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
- Campus is located in Inglewood, CA.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Accredited by The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Partnered with the mikeroweWORKS Foundation to offer a total of 49 full tuition scholarships.
- Also offers numerous other scholarships to students who qualify, such as the Tribal Scholarship for Native American, Alaskan, or Hawaiian students.
- Designated as a 2014 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Has aimed to set the standard for innovative learning since 1965.
- Offers a network of technologically advanced campuses and online degree programs designed to provide a unique higher education.
- Ranked in the Top 10 Online MBA Programs in 2012 by the International Graduate Forum.
- Ranked amongst the Best for Vets Colleges by Military Times 2 years in a row.
- 5 campuses across Colorado.
- Over 70,000 graduates across all industries.